CFCNCA Best Practices Forum
WHAT: Federal workers in the National Capital area shared ideas and tested fundraising practices from within their respective agencies in connection with the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA). The event, which took place on November 8, 2012, provided both campaign managers and campaign coordinators with specific, concrete steps they can take to ensure a successful fundraising campaign. This year, the forum also hosted an on-site charity fair with more than 15 charities represented.
The CFCNCA, administered by Global Impact, is the largest and only authorized workplace charitable giving drive for Federal workers in the National Capital area. The campaign’s goal is to raise $62 million to help people and communities in need here at home and around the world.
WHO: Shannon Hamm (U.S. Department of Agriculture) served as the guest speaker. Chris Williams Jones (U.S. Department of Defense) and Vince Micone (U.S. Department of Homeland Security and member of the Local Federal Coordinating Committee of the CFCNCA) provided a CFCNCA progress report.
- More than $13 million pledged
- Paperless pledges are up 7% over 2011
- Increase in the overall average donation
- Leadership Engagement Best Practices- Presented by Kawanza Yates, U.S. Department of Defense
- Communication and Website Best Practices- Presented by Derek Parks, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Fundraising and Donor Motivation Best Practices- Presented by Edward Gingold, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
WHEN: November 8, 2012, 12:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Grand Hyatt Washington
1000 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20001