Help ignite excitement about the campaign on social media and Show Some Love Online
WASHINGTON, Sept. 20, 2016
– The Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA), the annual workplace giving opportunity for Federal employees, is celebrating the first promotional day of the 2016 campaign, Show Some Love Online
, on September 21. The first of four Show Some Love
days invites everyone to celebrate and spread awareness of the campaign by promoting the 2016 theme. In addition to using social media channels to promote the CFC, Federal employees are encouraged to support the causes they are most passionate about by giving to one of the many worthy charities participating in the campaign.
“The Show Some Love days are vital to spreading the significance of the Combined Federal Campaign and anyone can participate in raising awareness about the campaign,” said Vince Micone, Chairperson of the Local Federal Coordinating Committee that oversees the campaign. “By using social media to encourage friends and family to participate, we can create awareness about causes that are most important to us and support those who need it most.”
Get involved in the first Show Some Love day by:
• Connecting with the CFCNCA on social media channels.
• Visiting the CFCNCA selfie creator to design your own CFC Show Some Love photo.
• Changing your profile picture to your CFC Show Some Love photo.
• Sharing posts that encourage your network to be involved with the campaign.
• Using the official hashtag, #ShowSomeLoveCFC, on all your posts.
• If you are a Federal employee, encourage the leaders of your department or agency, co-workers, friends and family to do the same.
About the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is a 55-year Federal workplace giving tradition that has raised more than $8 billion for charitable organizations. It is one of the largest workplace giving campaigns in the world. The funds raised each fall through the campaign help neighbors in need around the corner, across the nation and throughout the world. The Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area is the local campaign for Federal employees in the Washington Metropolitan Area and is the largest single campaign within the CFC. Through the contributions of civilian and military Federal employees, the campaign generated more than $46 million in 2015 for the thousands of participating local, national and international charities. Connect with the campaign on social media via Facebook