The Combined Federal Campaign offers charities the opportunity to reach 9 million potential donors across the country and around the world. Interested in becoming a CFC-participating charity? Watch the 2020 charity participation video, attend one of our charity briefings during December and January, or review the charity participation presentation to learn more.
All nonprofit organizations recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under 26 U.S.C. §501(c)(3) are eligible to apply. Please visit cfccharities.opm.gov for more information. The 2020 CFC Schedule of Application and Listing Fees has been released by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management in CFC Memorandum 2019-07. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Customer Care at [email protected] or 888-232-4935. If you have any policy questions, please contact OPM at [email protected] or 202-606-2564. You can review the detailed application instructions for independent or member organizations or federations (coming soon!).
- All organizations must apply each year whether they are required to provide a full application or a verification application.
- All organizations must pay the application fee whether they provide a full application or a verification application.
- Providing a verification application does not mean your organization has been automatically approved for participation in that campaign.
- All approved organizations must pay the listing fee to be included on the CFC Charity List. Listing fees are due prior to the start of the fall campaign. OPM will notify approved charities of the listing fee deadline in the summer.
- OPM has provided a detailed memo to assist charities with filing out the Areas of Service portion of the application (the section in which services delivered are documented).
For more information, please visit the CFC Charity Administration Center.
Use these checklists provided by OPM to ensure your 2020 CFC application is complete.
2020 CFC Application Checklist for Federations (coming soon!)
2020 CFC Application Checklist for Independent Organizations
2020 CFC Application Checklist for FSYP/FSYA Programs
Application Briefings - NCA Office
Through January 2020, staff at the CFCNCA office are holding in-person and online Briefings to introduce the CFC, review the application process, and answer any questions an organization or representative may have when applying to participate in the 2020 Combined Federal Campaign.
Please join us to learn about how to apply to be a part of the 2020 Combined Federal Campaign.
Informational briefings will be held in-person and online in the following weeks. Please select the session from the dates listed that is most convenient for you. The application period is currently open, and will close on January 31, 2020.
|Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:00 AM|
|Wednesday, January 15, 2020 2:00 PM|
|Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:00 AM|
|Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:00 PM|
You may join the meeting online from your computer, tablet, or smartphone by attending the GoToMeeting.
You can also dial-in using your phone: United States +1 (872) 240-3311 Access Code 505-832-349
Please be sure to RSVP!
Please download our 2020 Charity Application Briefing Presentation to review the application process individually, and take a look at a video produced by OPM explaining how to apply to the CFC (coming soon!).
Application Videos and Presentations
Please click on a link below to view OPM's application training video and presentations with detailed instructions on completing your 2020 CFC application.