“Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” - Winston Churchill
Good health can be fleeting, and negative health diagnoses can come without warning. Worldwide, diseases lower the quality of life for patients, their families, and entire communities.
Perhaps you know one of the estimated 12.8% of women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Maybe you read about one of the more than 130 people who overdose and die each day from opioid addiction. Malaria causes an estimated 216 million clinical episodes in Africa, 90% of which result in the death of the patient. More than 9 million people lack access to HIV testing services.
Although scientific advancements have greatly improved medical treatments and protocols, there is more to do. CFC charities are working hard to find cures for cancer or aging illnesses, prevent the spread of diseases, deliver quality health care in rural areas, and so much more.
Here’s how you can support their work and make an impact:
- $17 funds one day of a clinical trial for a cancer patient.
- $25 funds more than half a day of pediatric cancer research.
- $25 covers one life-changing cataract surgery to prevent blindness.
- $100 supplies 50 bed nets to protect people from malaria.
- $150 trains a community health worker in education and basic health services in a developing country.
To download cause weeks support materials, click the following: