Join the giving movement by making a pledge online and following along with #GivingTuesday on social media!
Each year since 2012, Giving Tuesday has been celebrated on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving as a global day of giving fueled by social media. This annual day, dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others, marks the start of the charitable giving season. During this time for giving thanks, #GivingTuesday is an opportunity to help those who are less fortunate.
How to get involved:
- Join the giving movement by following along with #GivingTuesday on social media.
- Plan and take part in unique ways to show thanks and celebrate this opportunity to give.
- Generate engagement through seasonal activities like a pie-baking contest or host a Thanksgiving-themed potluck.
- Incorporate updates and reminders about the CFC and Giving Tuesday in each of your meetings.
- Give online and encourage others to do the same.
Let’s show the country the generosity of Federal employees by making #GivingTuesday the biggest one-day pledge total during the entire campaign.
Integrate #GivingTuesday into your November campaign plans.
- Use our flyer to promote #GivingTuesday in the days leading up to it.
- Visit our Communications Templates page for emails and speeches to inspire your co-workers during the giving season.
- Challenge another department or agency to show their CFC spirit on Giving Tuesday by challenging them to the Battle of the Beltway. Use the CFC Battle of the Beltway graphic and check out the toolkit for more ideas.